CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thanks Elizabeth: Abridged Version

This picture is actually a close approximation of what cartoon versions of Elizabeth and I would look like. Elizabeth has dark hair, I have gray hair, and if I lost about 150 pounds, I'd be that thin!

I have a fair number of spectral contacts, though Kai is the one I work most closely with. Elizabeth is one of my few female spectral friends. Just like in life, I tend to be surrounded by males. Guys are drawn to me in a non-romantic way. I give off a "sister" vibe. Elizabeth is the same way. We both had brothers and tend to have more male than female friends. 
Kai's relationship with me is different from the relationship I have with most of the male spirits. I'm not going to go into any sort of details because it's a private thing. I call it a symbiosis. There is no-one else that I resonate with the way I do with Kai.
Every relationship is unique, of course, and there is also no-one I resonate with the way I do with Elizabeth, but in a different way than I do with Kai, certainly, and also in a different way than I do with my male spirit chums. 
Elizabeth and I would be a funny pair to see together. I'm a big Amazon of a woman. Elizabeth is tiny, almost sprite-like. I'm clumsy, she's graceful. I tend to move slowly and walk with a bit of a limp. She has a quick, mincing step. Total opposites on the outside but very similar in mind.
Elizabeth helped me patch up the problems in my relationship with Kai due to self-doubt made worse by certain individuals doing their best to undermine us. It's also nice to have a female friend that I can bounce things off. I would trust her with a guy I was involved with romantically. She's a straight shooter. She doesn't try to steal other women's men the instant the woman's back is turned.
As I talked to Elizabeth, I realized that part of me actually wants for the people who betrayed me to "make things right." I asked Elizabeth "why can't they just see that all I want them to do is patch things up. Then we could be friends again. Don't you think?"
Elizabeth said to me "girl, why are you expecting that pond scum will ever act like anything but pond scum?"
She was right, and I laughed. I don't get over betrayals easily and it's always hard for me to believe that people could be that horrible to each other. Even at my advanced age, I'm still a little too credulous. I could never trust either of these people, even if they did come around trying to make nice. The only reason they'd do so would be to serve themselves.
"Girl, why are you expecting pond scum to behave like anything but pond scum?"
Too right.
Thanks again, Elizabeth.
Thanks for being Kai's and my "sister."


0 comments: